preparation with waiting time
Pot of servings
1 Chinese cabbage, cut in pieces
2 tbsp salt
3 tsp ginger, finely chopped
3 gloves of garlic, smashed
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp sugar
3 spring onions, cut in rings
2 carrots, cut in strings
1. Put the cabbage in a bowl and sprinkle with the salt. Mix it well and massage the cabbage for a little bit. When mixed well, leave it for 2/3 houres. The moisture will pull out of the cabbage.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Put the fish sauce, sugar, chiliflakes, ginger and garlic all together into a bowl and mix well.
3. When the cabbage is ready (shrunken a lot), rinse well and squeeze the cabbage a little bit. Let it drain.
4. Put the cabbage back in the bowl and add the sauce. Mix it well!
5. Put everything in a jar, there are special jars for fermentation, but if you don't have it, make sure to release the tension every day. 'Let it burp'. The fermentation will create a lot of gass, you don't want your jar to explode!
Let it ferment for at least 2/3 days, outside of the fridge.
Check your kimchi after 2/3 days, if you like it when it's still a little bit crunchy, eat it and put it in the fridge! If you like it to be more soft, let it ferment a bit longer.